Exhaust fans are the fans with powerful motors and blades which are short and so designed to suck out air and throw it outwards from the side facing the blades. Exhaust fans are of usually two types the impeller fan which is the sort of airplane propeller in shape of the blades and the second type is the blower fan. The impeller is also the fan which is what can be seen in a cooler used traditionally (“well not that traditionally”) in our homes. The blower is found to be much more efficient in moving the air around as compared to the impeller fan.
What to look out when selecting a good exhaust fan?
- Efficiency: The exhaust fan should be efficient in the work it is to be used for as these devices are equipped with powerful motors for better working these small assortments of metals can prove to be a burden on theit they are not efficient.
- Durability: Since the fan maybe used continuously for a long period of time thus the device should be durable enough to withstand such a situation if need be.
- Noise: The exhaust fan should be as less noisy as possible. The sound is found to be really irritating when the device is at work.
- Corrosion resistant: The device since it will come in contact with the outside environment and corroding material especially moisture thus it should be built to be corrosion resistant.
- Thermally resistant: The fan is likely to be used in a place where there is more heat than a normal room, let’s say a kitchen thus it should be built to take that much temperature.
- Efficient controls: The exhaust fans should have good and tested control system.
The best exhaust fans that are available in the markets are as follows:
- Usha Crisp Air Premia BV 100mm exhaust fan: The product is lightweight and has a rust resistant body. The product consumes only 40 watts of electricity and has a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
- Bajaj Maxima 200mm Exhaust fan: It has a rating of 4.1 and it consumes energy of 12 watts. The product is lightweight.
- Crompton Brisk Air 200 mm Exhaust Fan: It has a rating of 3.8; it consumes 32 watts and is ideal for installation in windows.
- AC axial blower cooling exhaust rotary fan: the model has a rating of 4.5 but it consumes more energy and its consumption is 55 watts. The fan has low noise and it has axial blades.
- Speed Waves High Speed 6″ 4 Blade Exhaust Fan: the fan has a rating of 5 and has 4 speed settings. The power consumption is 220 watts.
- Atomberg technologies private limited came up with highly energy efficient gorilla ceiling fan in the year 2015. This fan saves about 65% energy and operates on 28 watts energy. The Atomberg technologies will soon be launching exhaust fans in the gorilla series which like the ceiling fan would work on the BLDC motors and would be very energy efficient, and you can then buy exhaust fans online.