Timber is a special type of wood which is used for the purpose of making planks, beams, furniture, different types of musical instruments and others.
- Timber is also known by the name lumber in Canada and USA. Basically, timbers are nothing but type of wood; firewood to be precise, which are collected from different types of trees. Any type of wood which can yield dimensional size of a minimum volume is called Timber.
- There are different uses of timbers. On the other hand, the processed ones, which are far more expensive, are used in manufacturing of different types of furniture and for other commercial purposes.
- Raw and processed timbers are used for making furniture and other wooden items for your home and also for commercial purpose. Rose, teak, sal and walnut are different types of hardwood that are used for making furniture and items of daily use.
What Are the Different Types of Timbers?
When it comes to timber, there are tons of different types of them which are available. Here are some of the most common ones which are used for Industrial and commercial purposes:
- Green timber
- Tulip Wood
- Sapele Wood
- Wood Ash
Which Are the Common Types of Timbers That Are Used for Everyday Utility?
These are some of the most common types of timbers which are used. Out of these different types, there are some which are used for making of expensive and extravagant furniture; Mahogany, Tulip Wood, Oak, Green timber some of them. On the other hand, types like Spruce, Bamboo, Cross- Laminated are primary used in the construction sectors. It is good to buy hardwood timber as opposed to the engineered ones, as this gives you the best value for money. Untreated timber is also good, but repeated exposure to light, rain and humidity can give it a warped form. So, while you buy timber and wooden articles, you need to be careful about the maintenance of the wooden materials.
Benefits of Mahogany
Mahogany is considered to be as one of the most expensive types of timber. It is primarily used for making of furniture. Here are some of his benefits:
- These types of timbers are very stable
- They have termite resistant properties
- Being soft and tender, these types of timbers are easy to work with
- Despite being soft, these timbers are quite study and unknown for lasting for long period of time
Benefits of Cherry
Cherry is another special type of timber which is used for making furniture and wooden floor. Here are some of the benefits of this type of timber:
- These timbers are strong, sturdy and durable
- They come with attractive textures and designs
- Cherry timbers offer excellent and smooth finishing
- They can be easily cut and shaped with machines
- Cherry timber is considered to be an excellent option when it comes to carving and turning
Benefits of Oak
Oak has always been considered to be a very special type of timber. Here are some of the benefits of Oak timber:
- These timbers are sturdy and strong
- They last for a long period of time
- They come with anti-fungal properties
- They are also resistant to decay
- Can easily be worked with hand and machines.
These are 3 of the most expensive types of timbers which are used for making floors, furniture and different types of musical instruments. It needs to be mentioned that these timbers are chemically processed in order to make them ready for commercial use.